Toxic metals should be removed – gently and effectively, until retesting shows a negative finding. We have several techniques that we use for that purpose. A combination of these methods works best. The only normal is a negative test and if you test positive for metals you should be treated and retested until follow up tests are negative and remain so.
A series of our Bio-Thermal Therapy® treatments will improve Liver, Digestive, and Kidney organ function and help to mechanically eliminate and wash the metals out of the affected tissues. They will help to heal the body from damage caused by chronic exposures. Based on your test levels a regimen will be recommended. These treatments are safe during pregnancy, for infants, and all the way through life. Variations are used depending on the targeted tissues. (16,17,18,19,20, 21,22,23,24,25,26)
Homeopathic Dilutions of the Metals
Specially prepared (homeopathic) medicines improve elimination of toxic metals and reduce their negative health effects. (9,10,11)
Intravenous Nutrients and Glutathione
Glutathione is a powerful, naturally occurring antioxidant in the body that protects tissues from the negative impacts of heavy metals. Chronic exposure to heavy metals will rapidly diminish Glutathione, as it is depleted, cells are injured by the metals. It cannot be taken orally and must be administered intravenously. We typically give the Glutathione in a short push after a nutrient IV. (12)
Metal Flush— combination of Chinese herbs that have been shown in animal and human studies to safely eliminate Cadmium, Mercury, Arsenic, Lead, and Arsenic. These herbs do not bind to essential minerals like Calcium and Magnesium, and help protect the kidneys and liver during detoxification. The active herbal medicines adsorb toxic metals so they chemically combine with them for elimination through the liver, bowels, and kidneys. The actual mechanical circulation and flushing out is enhanced at the organ level by the Bio-Thermal Therapy® treatments. (13,14,15)
Metal Flush: A Chinese Herbal Formula For Oral Chelation (Tsu-Tsair Chi, N.M.D.)
Abstract: Studies were conducted to test the effectiveness of Metal Flush on heavy metal poisoning, in particular lead and mercury poisoning. Results were then compared to that of conventional intravenous chelation treatments such as EDTA and DMPS. In conclusion, it was found that Metal Flush is a viable oral alternative to heavy metal chelation. It helps increase the binding of methionine to metals in the liver 30 times, aiding in the partial removal of the metal complex through fecal excretion, thereby relieving kidney burden. It offers a safer, more affordable, and more effective way of removing metals without stripping away essential trace elements needed in the system.(29,30)
Chlorella can also absorb mercury and other metals and may be prescribed as well. It may protect the fetus from mercury in the mother’s blood. (27,28)
Diet and lifestyle Changes
A purification diet, increased cilantro and garlic intake, sweating and sauna therapies will support the naturopathic medical treatment of heavy metal exposure. These methods, while helpful, will not be adequate. Eating locally grown foods that are from outside of the contaminated area is also strongly recommended.
How long does it take to eliminate accumulated metals?
This varies greatly depending on the metals, the amounts accumulated, kidney and liver organ reserve and strength, and the response to treatment. It may be several weeks, months or more than a year. There is no way to determine total body burden – only that the metals are present and they should not be. The only normal is a negative test and if you test positive for metals you should be treated and retested until follow up tests are negative and remain so.
In addition to accumulated metals there are ongoing routine environmental exposures which is why periodic purification programs are necessary for optimal health.
If you are an established patient call or stop by today and get your urine heavy metal test. You do not need an appointment with the doctor to leave a sample but do please call ahead. If you are not an established patient call today to schedule a free complimentary consultation with one of our Naturopathic Physicians.
- Urinary excretion of mercury, copper and zinc in subjects exposed to mercury vapour. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9353886
- Br Med Bull. 2003;68:167-82. Hazards of heavy metal contamination. Järup L1.
- Syst Biol Reprod Med. 2010 Apr;56(2):147-67. doi: 10.3109/19396360903582216. Adverse effects of low level heavy metal exposure on male reproductive function. Wirth JJ1, Mijal RS.
- Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15(1):483-8. Association between urinary cadmium and all cause, all cancer and prostate cancer specific mortalities for men. Cheung MR1, Kang J, Ouyang D, Yeung V.
- Abramson DI, Mitchell RE, Tuck S, Bell Y, Zays AM 1961 Changes in blood flow, oxygen uptake, and tissue temperatures produced by the topical application of wet heat. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 42:305–318
- Bender T 2006 International Society of Medical Hydrology and Climatology. www.ismh-direct.net
- Dittmar F 1960 Viscerocutaneous and cutivisceral reflexes and their importance for physical and neurological medicine.
- Fischer E, Solomon S 1958 Physiological responses to heat and cold. In: Licht S (ed) Therapeutic heat. Elizabeth Licht, New Haven, CT
- Scott L 1990 Clinical hydrotherapy. Leo Scott, Spokane, WA
- Watrous L 1996 From nature cure to advanced naturopathic medicine. Journal of Naturopathic Medicine 7(2):72–79
- Pop L, Muresan M, Comorosan S, Paslaru L 1989 The effects of pulsed, high frequency radio waves on rat liver (ultrastructural and biomedical observations). Physiological Chemistry and Physics and Medical NMR 21(1):45–55
- Wolf H 1935g Short wave therapy and general electro- therapy. Modern Medical Press, New York, p 15. Compilation of successful reports – Raab
- Mechanism Study of One Kind of Antidotal Traditional Chinese Medicine on Excluding Poisonous Heavy Metals (Zhi Zhilian, Ziao Junlian, Lu Guodi and Chen Yude Shanghai Chinese Medical University) Abstract: A pH-potentiometric titration method was used to determine the acid dissociation constants of the antidotal traditional Chinese medicine at 39.5 + 0.1 °C and ionic strength I = 0.1. The stability constants of the complexes of this medicine with Pb2+, Cd2+, Hg2+ were also determined. Then the distribution of complexes of this antidotal Chinese medicine with Pb2+, Cd2+, Hg2+ at different pH were obtained. It was found that this medicine has a better effect for excluding the heavy metal ions in the human body than EDTA-Zn salt.
- Study of Effects of (Metal Flush) on Curing Lead Poisoning in Children and on Children’s Blood Trace Elements. (Tan Mei-zhen, He Yan-ling, Zeng Chao-yi, Chen Yong-chong Guangzhou Children’s Hospital, Sun Yat-san Medical University) Abstract: The content of Zn, Cu, Fe, Ca, and Mn in the blood of 68 children (ages 3-12) with Pb poisoning was determined before and after treatment. The results showed that the content of Pb was significantly lowered after the children were cured (P < 0.01). The content of Zn increased (P < 0.01), while the content of Fe, Cu, Ca, Mn remained stable (P < 0.05). It also proved that Traditional Chinese Medicine was effective in curing children with Pb poisoning, which would not cause trace elements imbalance.