Vegan & Food Intolerance Friendly!
15 minute prep time | 8 minute cook time
Makes 2.5 Dozen
2-4 tsp. Ginger, fresh grated root (to taste)
2 cups Applesauce
1 cup Almond Butter, unsalted roasted
3-4 tbsp. Molasses, unsulphered (to taste)
Baking & Spices
1/4 tsp. Allspice, ground
1 tsp. Baking Soda
3/4 tsp. Cinnamon, ground
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
3/4 cup Coconut Sugar
1 pinch Pepper, freshly ground
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together the almond butter, molasses, applesauce, and freshly grated ginger until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, sift together coconut sugar, coconut flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, salt and pepper.
- Slowly add the sugar and spice mixture to the almond butter mixture while mixing on low until just combined.
- Drop the dough by the rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until firm around the edges and starting to crack in the center, about 8 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on the baking sheets out of the oven then transfer the parchment paper with the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.