1. During cold months dress properly, keeping the feet warm and dry, covering the back of the neck.
2. Avoid food intolerances, and eat mineral rich broths, soups, and stews, minimizing sweets and candies.
3. Maintain good social hygiene and cleanliness.
4. Colostrum – 1 capsule daily for 3 months. (1 bottle per person for the flu season)
5. Antiviral Herbal Drops – 1 large dropperful several times weekly for adults during the season,(1 small dropperful for children), several times daily if significantly exposed, and every hour upon the beginning of any flu or respiratory symptoms. (Contains Elderberry, Echinacea, Licorice, Lemon Balm, Lomatium, Ashwaganda, Milk Thistle)
6. Vitamin D – Vitamin D helps us fight infections! It also suppresses inflammation in the sinuses as well as in your nasal and breathing membranes. Speak with your doctor about the best way to maintain healthy Vitamin D levels during the winter time. Vitamin D favorably regulates cathelicidin the only antimicrobial (fights microbes such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi) agent of its type kind produced by humans.
Bio-D-Mulsion Forte– We frequently recommend 1,000 iu daily for infants to 1 year. 2,000 iu daily for children 1 to 4 years. 3,000 iu daily to 4 to 10 years. 10 years old and adults 3-5,000 iu daily for adults, or more depending on storage levels. Vitamin D can be taken in a large dose once or twice a week ( eg an adult can be given 10,000-20,000 iu once a week).
7. Use an immune supporting nutrient formula daily such as Immuno-Plus or Congaplex for optimal protection. Congaplex, is an immune support formula that has essential nutrients and immune support co-factors found in whole foods and glandular concentrates that help keep your immune system healthy.
Typically, 3 capsules, once daily serves as an adult preventative dose. More can be taken as soon as symptoms start – as much as 3 capsules 5 times daily.
8. End showers with a cold spray as directed above.