VEGAN & FOOD INTOLERANCE FRIENDLY!
15 MINUTE PREP TIME | 8 MINUTE COOK TIME | MAKES 2.5 DOZEN
2-4 tsp. Ginger, fresh grated root (to taste)
2 cups Applesauce
1 cup Almond Butter, unsalted roasted
3-4 tbsp. Molasses, unsulphured (to taste)
1/4 tsp. Allspice, ground
1 tsp. Baking Soda
3/4 tsp. Cinnamon, ground
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
3/4 cup Coconut Sugar
1 pinch Pepper, freshly ground
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat together the almond butter, molasses, applesauce, and freshly grated ginger until smooth.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together coconut sugar, coconut flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, salt and pepper.
4. Slowly add the sugar and spice mixture to the almond butter mixture while mixing on low until just combined.
5. Drop the dough by the rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
6. Bake cookies, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until firm around the edges and starting to crack in the center, about 8 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on the baking sheets out of the oven then transfer the parchment paper with the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.