Treat yourself to a healthy winter with this wholesome vegetable soup. It is flavorful, stocked with vitamins and nutrients, and unbelievably easy to prepare. Enjoy!
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 cups chopped leeks, white part only (from approximately 3 medium leeks)
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- Sea salt
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and chopped into rounds (approximately 2 medium)
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 cups fresh green beans, broken or cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 15 broccoli florets
- 2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup packed, chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped dill (optional)
- 1 TO 2 TEASPOONS FRESHLY SQUEEZED LEMON JUICE
- Heat the sunflower oil in large, heavy-bottom stockpot over medium-low heat. Once hot, add the leeks, garlic, onions and a pinch of salt and sauté until they begin to soften, approximately 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, and green beans and continue to cook for 4 to 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock, increase the heat to high, and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add the tomatoes and pepper. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 min. Add the broccoli florets and cook an additional 15 min.
- Remove from heat and add the parsley, dill and lemon juice. Season, to taste, with sea salt. Serve immediately.